save. borrow. invest. safely. locally.
Join over 5000 members here at Bridgend Lifesavers Credit Union who are part of our local movement for ethical savings and affordable loans. Our membership is growing fast. Saving with us is safe and easy while allowing you to support the community and local economy.
How to Join
All our savers are called members, as saving with us gives you free membership and access to our services and benefits. There are a number of ways to join us:
Benefits of Joining your Local Credit Union
- You can start saving the same day
- Our savings are simple and flexible
- You don’t need a bank account
- All of our members are eligible to apply for our low-cost, affordable loans
- You will have 24/7 online access to your account, so you can check your
balance and watch your savings grow.
- By joining, you automatically gain Free Life and Loan Insurance
(terms & conditions apply)
- BLSCU is regulated by the FCA and covered by the Financial Services
Compensation Scheme (FSCS). So your savings are secure with us
- By saving with us, you will be helping your local community at the same time
Money Laundering Regulations - Proof of Identity and Address - two of the following must accompany any application for membership. If you are applying for membership using our online process, we will attempt to verify your identity using referencing agencies - sometimes, however, we will still have to see the below information:
- Full Driving Licence
- Recent Utility Bill
- Bank / Credit Card Statement
- Original Benefits Agency letter
- Council Tax Demand
- Student / Staff ID Card Rent Book
- Notice of Tax Coding (current year)
- Medical card
- Birth Certificate
Any bills/statements (must be originals and no more than three months old).
If you cannot produce any of the aforementioned forms of ID we will accept confirmation of identity from a person in authority. (ie, Doctor, Social Worker, Probation Worker etc).
Please note - We do not accept the following;
- Mobile phone bill
- TV Licence/Business Cards
- Bank/Cheque guarantee cards
- Bus Passes
If you are still not able to produce any of these forms of identification, please come in and talk to a member of staff, who would be happy to help.